Oct 22, 2018
ACRT 266 Advanced Structural Repair4 credits
In this hands-on course students perform structural repairs on customer vehicles in a shop environment.
Prerequisites: ACRT 226 , ACRT 236 , ACRT 246 , ACRT 256 .
Corequisites: ACRT 265 , ACRT 267 , ACRT 268 .
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply structural skills learned in previous quarters to customer vehicles in a body shop environment
- Disassemble, repair or replace doors and door glass
- Rack and anchor a customer vehicle on a frame rack
- Measure and analyze a customer vehicle
- Make structural pulls on a frame rack
- Replace welded on panels
- Replace various types of corrosion protection on a customer vehicle
- Use other common types of shop equipment and hand tools
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40