Oct 23, 2018
ACRT 226 Color Mixing, Matching & Paint Problems4 credits
This course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge, and skills needed to properly complete paint mixing and matching procedures. Paint problem identification and resolutions are also covered.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 125 , ACRT 126 , ACRT 225 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Summer
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of basic color theory
- Plot solid colors
- Plot metallic colors
- Match colors
- Measure, mix, and test viscosity for various paint materials
- Tint base coats
- Create let-down panels and spray-out cards
- Use manual and electronic color directories
- Find color codes on vehicles
- Identify various types of paint problems and resolutions
- Use other common types of paint shop equipment and tools
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40