Feb 20, 2019
ARST 213 Auto Restoration Refinishing4 credits
This course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge and tool skills necessary to refinish an older vehicle.
Prerequisites: ACRT 226 , ACRT 236 , ACRT 246 , ACRT 256 .
Corequisites: ARST 211 , ARST 212 , ARST 216 .
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Evaluate surface conditions
- Remove and feather existing paint
- Prepare bare metal for paint
- Final sand surfaces
- Color sand new paint
- Buff and polish surfaces
- Use various masking supplies & techniques
- Clean, detail, and care for new finishes
- Apply primer coats, sealers, base coats, and clear coats
- Measure and mix paint materials
- Create let-down panels and spray-out cards
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures