Aug 19, 2018
ARST 212 Automotive Restoration Repairs4 credits
This hands-on course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge and skills needed to fully repair an older vehicle.
Prerequisites: ACRT 226 , ACRT 236 , ACRT 246 , ACRT 256 .
Corequisites: ARST 211 , ARST 213 , ARST 216 .
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Set up straightening equipment
- Rack and anchor a vehicle
- Plan and execute a pulling sequence
- Analyze sheet metal damage
- Rough straighten metal
- Final straighten metal
- Apply body fillers
- Properly remove, replace, and align parts, body panels, and assemblies
- Use a computer and industry sources to identify the proper sources of material, techniques, and products needed to complete restoration decisions
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures