Feb 20, 2019
ARST 216 Auto Restoration Estimating4 credits
This hands-on course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge, and tool skills necessary to estimate the costs involved in restoring an older vehicle.
Prerequisites: ACRT 226 , ACRT 236 , ACRT 246 , ACRT 256 .
Corequisites: ARST 211 , ARST 212 , ARST 213 .
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create an electronic estimate
- Order parts used for repair
- Track and maintain equipment, tools, and supplies
- Interact professionally with customers
- Create and maintain a safe and efficient shop
- Follow general shop, material, and personal safety procedures
- Identify the various types of direct and indirect damage
- Identify the various types of structural and non-structural damage
- Determine necessary sublet work
- Inspect mechanical systems for damage
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures