The Baking Arts Basic Skills Certificate of Completion prepares students for entry level employment opportunities in a commercial kitchen, in-store bakery, or bakery operation. Basic skills learned are food safety and sanitation, dietary diversity in baking, and introduction to production.
Baking Skills Certificate graduates will:
- prepare for a national food safety certification through the National Restaurant Association
- demonstrate fundamental skills, concepts and techniques of baking
- prepare various bakery items for production and sale
- understand the fundamentals and concepts of allergens and dietary concerns
- demonstrate critical thinking and teamwork
For this certificate, I-BEST support is available. I-BEST support provides students in-class help in writing and math, notetaking, presentation, study skills, and career readiness. To learn more about I-BEST and to connect with an advisor, visit LWTech.edu/IBEST.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.