Sep 29, 2023
Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Bachelor of Applied Science Applied Management - Entrepreneurship program prepares students to begin a career in business management with a special focus on entrepreneurship. Graduates will be prepared to function as small business owners, as independent contractors or consultants, or for supervisory positions in their technical field.
Bachelor of Applied Science Applied Management - Entrepreneurship graduates will:
- demonstrate knowledge of the structures and functions of business management and wealth creation
- apply business management principles from both an entrepreneurial and an intrapreneurial perspective
- determine the needs and structures of the local business community
- demonstrate knowledge of business startup economics, operations management, and entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship
- complete a comprehensive business plan
- demonstrate critical thinking, intercultural appreciation, teamwork, information literacy, and communication skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any additional coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.
To be considered for admission to the BAS in Applied Management - Entrepreneurship program, students must meet the following requirements:
- An earned associate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA across all college coursework of 2.5
- Completion of all General Education prerequisite courses listed below with a minimum 2.0 GPA in each course
General Education Prerequisites
- 5 credits of college-level math with intermediate algebra as a prerequisite
- 5 credits of college-level English (ENGL& 101 English Composition I or equivalent)
- 5 credits of college-level Humanities or Social Science
- Students can be admitted any quarter and attend full or part time.
- The first course, BUS 300, is offered every quarter.
- BUS& 101 Introduction to Business or equivalent is required before taking the first quarter BUS courses.
- ACCT& 201 Principles of Accounting I or equivalent is required before starting BUS 350.
- BUS 310, 325, 330, 350, and 360 can be taken in any order and must be completed before BUS 370.
- BUS 370, 380, 390 are a sequence that begins in Fall quarter only.
- Transfer credits are accepted for upper and lower division courses up to the limits of LWTech policy.
- Completion requires 180 total credits, combining a student’s prior associate’s degree and the BAS AM-E program.
Recommended Course Sequence
The courses listed below are a suggested sequence; as long as prerequisites are met, courses may be taken in a different order.
General Education Requirements - 45 Credits
Total Program Credits: 180
Total credits includes the 90 credits listed above and a minimum of 90 credits completed at the associate degree level.