HRM 304 NHRMA Annual Conference and Tradeshow II
This course is designed to give students exposure by attending the Regional SHRM affiliate NHRMA Annual Conference and Tradeshow in person. Students must attend pre-conference webinars, pre-conference workshops, and attend the general conference for full credit. This course offers learning at the Human Resource Professional level and support for learnings from the instructor. Students will experience firsthand regional networking and meeting with regional professional Human Resource vendors. Students will customize their learning plan to meet individual needs, with various concurrent sessions, general sessions, the tradeshow, and other experiences. This course can be repeated for credit.
The conference registration and fees, travel, and lodging expenses are in addition to registering for the class. It is the student’s responsibility to register through NHRMA directly for the conference and fees. All reservations and logistics are the student’s responsibility (i.e., travel, food, lodging). Pre-Conference Workshops are an additional cost to general registration and are only needed if a student takes five credits. Depending on the timing of the conference, you must attend the conference before completing the class. Total attendance is required for the credits. It is recommended you register early for the best prices.
Prerequisites: Instructor permission required
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Examine methods for positioning HR as a strategic partner that must be involved in all organizational activities
- Distinguish a regional perspective on the HR management function
- Discuss the benefits of products with industry experts during and after the NHRMA Tradeshow (100+ vendors expected to attend)
- Connect and network with regional HR professionals during and after the conference (500+ individuals expected to attend)
- Analyze common concerns and interests during the sessions with various industry leaders
- Critique successful networking and interviewing skills
- Acquire HR management industry knowledge and experience
Total Hours: 50 Theory (Lecture) Hours: 50