Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Architectural Technology certificate prepares students for careers with architecture firms, construction companies, city, county and state architectural and civil engineering departments and corporate architectural and civil engineering departments. Technicians in this certificate program are trained to develop site plans, construction details, building designs, cost estimates, specification plans for new buildings, remodeling, and additions to existing buildings under the close direction of a supervisor.
Architectural Technology certificate graduates will:
- be prepared for entry-level positions in the architectural engineering field with limited responsibilities and scope
- demonstrate familiarity with many tools and techniques associated with design and its application in the work place
- identify and explain common symbols, materials, scales, and terminology used in the field
- demonstrate an ability to perform common workplace duties as directed in the architecture and engineering field
- exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment and ethical behavior
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.