Catalog 2014-2015 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Associate in Math Education, Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Related Program (DTA/MRP)
Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Math Education DTA/MRP degree is designed to meet the minimum general education requirements to prepare students for teacher certification in secondary math at Central Washington University (CWU), Eastern Washington (EWU), Western Washington University (WWU), and Washington State University (WSU). This agreement meets all the requirements of Washington’s Direct Transfer Agreement.
Math Education DTA/MRP graduates will:
- explain the central concepts, foundation, theories, and intellectual frameworks of professional teaching
- identify and practice interpersonal and cultural communication techniques in order to foster active learning, dialogue, collaboration, and positive interaction and relations with peers, school officials, agencies, parents, and learners
- compare and describe a variety of instructional strategies and methods that address individual learners and learning styles
- explain and apply specific math concepts from algebra through advanced calculus
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, global and cultural awareness, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with a counselor or adviser. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.