Aug 06, 2020
CS& 141 Computer Science I Java
This course teaches computer science and software engineering concepts using Java programming language. The topics include algorithm development, implementation and debugging, basic control structures (sequence, if/else, loops), procedural programming (methods, parameters, return values), file processing, arrays, and introduction to Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
Prerequisites: CSD 111
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Critical Thinking.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use correct Java syntax when writing programs
- Name Java data types and use them in Java projects
- Write code that implements initialization, assignment, input, and output operations
- Demonstrate proficiency in using basic language control structures like loops and conditional statements
- Demonstrate understanding of modularization concepts, implement methods, and pass data through parameters and return values
- Demonstrate knowledge of array data structure utilizing basic array-manipulation algorithms
- Use files for data input, output and demonstrate understanding of exceptions concept in Java
- Explain basic OOP concepts like class and object
- Gather information, analyze problems, and develop solutions to demonstrate mastery of Java programming fundamentals
- Evaluate solutions to identify problems and debug code
- Design and implement programming projects as a member of a team
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 40 Lab or Clinical Hours: 20