Sep 18, 2020
WELD 104 Gas Metal Arc Welding8 credits
This course focuses on the principles, procedures, and operation of equipment to properly and safely use the gas metal arc welding process.
Prerequisites: WELD 102 .
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Critical Thinking.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use technical resources to access information regarding the installation, repair, and maintenance of welding and fabrication equipment
- Use technical resources to access information regarding welding and fabrication processes
- Identify and use common types of shop equipment and hand tools to safely perform welding/fabrication procedures
- Follow industry standard safe practices, including the using and wearing of all safety equipment needed to weld or be in a welding environment
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Use metallurgy principles to properly select material, tools, and equipment, and to perform welding tasks
- Read and follow blueprints
- Use math to make equipment adjustments/calibrations and to complete fabrication projects
- Prepare a work area to do gas metal arc welding
- Select and safely set up gas metal arc welding equipment
- Store, transport, and handle all types of gas metal arc welding equipment properly and safely
- Prepare metal for gas metal arc welding procedures using proper joint design, equipment, and joint preparation techniques
- Use proper gas metal arc welding tools and equipment to weld
- Use proper gas metal arc welding techniques to weld
- Complete a resume, cover letter, job application, and job search as necessary
Total Hours: 130 Lecture Hours: 30 Lab or Clinical Hours: 100