GAME 274 Digital Gaming Workshop - A Game in a Month
Workshop fast-tracks game development led by an industry professional. Students work individually or on teams to develop playable games or apps with state of the art game development hardware and software-Maya, Blender, Z-Brush, Photoshop, and Wacom Tablets.
Projects are developed using current industry-standard Unity Game Engine, which is available free for students to use after the workshop to continue developing and refining their projects.
This course teaches Interactive Concept, Design and Development, Gameplay U.I., U.X., Team Dynamics, Leadership skills. Previous game design and creation, traditional art and digital graphics programs and coding experience are a plus.
This course is exempt from the underage enrollment process.
Prerequisites: Passion for gaming, familiarity with different gameplay genres, strong computer software skills. Instructor permission required.
Quarters Offered: Summer
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create original game play concepts
- Design gameplay interaction
- Design and layout gameplay levels
- Collaborate with teams based on professional models
- Conceptualize and implement gameplay mechanics
- Balance game play principles of obstacles, difficulty, and reward
- Play, test, and evaluate gameplay
- Self-publish game
- Present original game or application
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40