Dec 02, 2020
FTNS 118 Health Promotion and Wellness
This course addresses strategies for improving the state of wellness through healthier lifestyles. Topics include: behavioral intervention, lifestyle changes, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, stress management, health-related fitness, and the implication for a fitness program design.
Prerequisites: FTNS 112 and FTNS 121
Quarters Offered: Summer
This course teaches to the global outcome of Intercultural Appreciation.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Describe challenges to healthy lifestyles among different cultures
- Describe the basic psychology associated with wellness and behavior change
- Explain the negative effects of stress, pain, and depression
- Explain the difference between exercise in pursuit of fitness or wellness
- Develop an exercise program designed to improve health and wellness
- Explain the need for and economics of worksite health promotion
- As a committee member, organize and coordinate wellness events designed to reach business and industry employees
Total Hours: 50 Lecture Hours: 50