CADE 202 Specialized Technical Employment Preparation
An advanced course in specialized employment preparation for the technology industry. Course covers job search techniques including resume writing, cover letters, job applications, interviewing techniques, and portfolio preparation. Use of joblines and developing networks is included.
Prerequisites: Taken the final quarter of Architectural Technology, Engineering Graphics Mechanical Design Emphasis, and Civil Engineering Graphics Emphasis degrees and certificates.
Architectural Technology: ARCH 210 and ARCH 212 (can be taken as corequisites for certificate-seeking students)
Engineering Graphics Mechanical Design Emphasis: ENGT 255
Civil Engineering Graphics Emphasis: CIVL 205 and CIVL 206 (can be taken as corequisites for certificate-seeking students)
Quarters Offered: Spring
This course teaches to the global outcome Intercultural Appreciation.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Prepare a field focused, self-inventory of existing job skills
- Design and produce company/position specific resumes
- Compile and present a strong list of professional and personal references
- Design and produce a high quality professional portfolio
- Utilize a contact list of industry specific companies with potential job openings
- Prepare business quality cover letters
- Practice effective interview techniques
- Produce and maintain a job search log
- Utilize corporate on-line job postings
- Recognize and describe different cultures
Total Hours: 20 Lecture Hours: 20