Jan 24, 2021
ACRT 246 Disassembly & Reassembly Technology & Procedures4 credits
This course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge, and tool skills needed to fully disassemble and reassemble parts, panels, and assemblies.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 145 , ACRT 146 , ACRT 245 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Winter
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Select and use numerous removal and alignment tools
- Identify how parts, panels, and assemblies are fastened
- Properly remove, replace, and align mechanically fastened parts, body panels, and assemblies
- Align panels
- Align latches and hinges
- Identify and remove various fasteners
- Remove and replace interior parts, panels, and assemblies
- Use other common types of shop equipment and hand tools
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40