Oct 22, 2018
ACRT 235 Welded Panel Removal & Replacement4 credits
This course focuses on the procedures, product knowledge, and tool skills needed to remove, replace, and adjust welded-on body panels.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 135 , ACRT 136 , ACRT 236 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Fall
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Select proper welded panel replacement tools and equipment
- Plan and apply panel removal and replacement sequence
- Separate spot welds using the proper method
- Determine spot weld replacement positions
- Position new panels by visual and dimensional measurement methods
- Cut and fit overlapping panels
- Prepare joints and flanges for welding
- Weld panels using MIG and Spot welding equipment
- Use other common types of shop equipment and hand tools
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures
Total Hours: 70 Lecture Hours: 10 Lab or Clinical Hours: 60