Dec 05, 2020
ACRT 155 Vehicle Construction Technology4 credits
This course reviews how both body over frame and unibody vehicles are constructed and how to obtain service information, specifications and measurements.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 156 , ACRT 255 , ACRT 256 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Spring
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify a vehicle
- Identify major body sections
- Identify body classifications
- Identify panels on a vehicle
- Identify direct damage to a vehicle
- Identify basic unibody structures
- Identify full frame designs
- Explain crash testing done to a vehicle
- Obtain service information
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40