ARGT 231 Commercial Building Systems
This course is a study of commercial construction techniques: materials, standards, codes, permits, and costs. Various concrete construction systems and steel frame systems are investigated and presented.
Prerequisites: ARGT 112 .
Quarters Offered: Winter, Summer
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify common commercial building systems
- Define terminology used in commercial architecture
- Identify construction materials
- Research construction systems of commercial buildings
- Participate in a team to research and present on commercial building systems