Sep 18, 2020
APDZ 441 Project Management5 credits
Examines essential strategies and methods for managing projects. Students apply a step-by-step methodology to develop plans, apply project management concepts, demonstrate presentation skills and perform a post project review for projects specific to the design field.
Prerequisites: Admission to BTAD program.
Quarters Offered: Fall
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Describe project management and the phases of managing a project
- Identify and discuss the unique nature of projects in the design field
- Identify project goals and objectives and make project proposals
- Create simple project plans including projecting costs, a project schedule, tracking, and controlling the project to meet customer needs
- Set-up project monitoring systems and explain the importance of constant monitoring
- Discuss and apply project management principles
- Describe stakeholder analysis and Gantt Charts
- Present project proposals, plans, and progress reports to key stakeholders
- Undertake a post project review
- Explain the software resources and tools that industry uses for architectural, graphic, and industrial design to help them manage their projects