Feb 29, 2024
Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring
The IT Support Technician certificate is designed to prepare technicians to work in a wide variety of computer-related industries and has a strong emphasis on A+ Certification and Networking. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level jobs such as computer field service technicians, software technicians, computer operators, installers, troubleshooters, technical salespersons, help desk support and network technicians.
The IT Support Technician certificate graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in the IT field
- use basic operating systems tools and utilities in a GUI and command line environment
- install, configure, and administer current desktop operating systems
- identify, install, and configure PC hardware effectively
- utilize file editing tools in a network environment to publish and support Web-based applications
- identify maintenance issues of both closed and open source systems
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
It is the student’s responsibility to discuss sequencing and work out their individual schedule with a counselor or adviser. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.
Required Course Sequence
Academic Core Requirements - 15 Credits
Total Program Credits: 60
See Academic Core Requirements for a list of all applicable courses for each of the categories listed above.