Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Auto Collision Repair Estimating/Shop Management certificate prepares students to perform the estimating and shop management duties required within most collision repair companies.
This program consists of two quarters of training. Students will spend their first quarter of training in a transportation core curriculum offered every quarter. The second quarter will consist of 4 Estimating / Shop Management classes offered once a year. The shop is designed to simulate an actual collision repair shop using the 3 top estimating and shop management platforms found in the industry.
The Estimating/Shop Management graduates will be prepared to:
- identify types of vehicle construction
- identify and analyze collision damage
- estimate repair costs using 3 different estimating systems
- compare & analyze the differences between different shop management systems
- use and understand mechanical & electrical terminology
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.