Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring
The Human Resource Talent Management Certificate prepares students to gain a solid and extensive background in understanding the impact Human Resources has on talent in organizations. This specific certificate will target HR strategies on attracting, motivating, and retaining talent. It will assist students to meet the growing need for Human Resources (HR) professionals.
The program is designed for the working professional wishing to enter the Human Resource (HR) field, professionals wanting to enhance their HR knowledge, HR professionals wishing to advance in their field, certified HR professionals seeking re-certification hours, and managers wanting to get a better understanding of talent human resources strategies. This certificate can be combined with the Strategic Human Resources Management Certificate for a more complete study of Human Resources.
This program is focused on evening and hybrid courses, thus allowing people who are employed to upgrade their skills and receive a degree, certificate and/or re-certification.
Human Resource Talent Management certificate graduates will:
- explain HR’s role in developing human capital and its impact on an organization’s success
- discuss how HR can impact diversity, equity, inclusion, and ethics in organizations
- analyze the implications of employment case laws
- define benefits and identify strategic benefit design considerations
- identify successful strategies for developing a diverse talent pool of qualified candidates
- leverage technology to support human resource (HR) activities
- apply metrics and analytical strategies that achieve bottom-line business results
- describe the nature of employee relations and labor relations and HR’s role in those relationships
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.