Feb 27, 2024
ENGL& 101 English Composition I5 credits
Advanced expository writing, reading and evaluating essays, and critical thinking are covered in this course that fulfills the written communication requirement for an AAS degree. Students will write a minimum of 5000 words of finished composition during the quarter.
Prerequisites: ENGL 099 or equivalent placement score.
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Consistently apply the stages of the writing process to create finished compositions
- Consistently exercise critical thinking skills to analyze and express ideas in writing
- Analyze and evaluate the structural components of written texts
- Draft and edit effectively structured essays to suit audience and purpose
- Employ basic research and library skills to locate and evaluate information
- Synthesize and cite sources using accepted documentation styles