Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Illustration AAS-T degree combines visual arts courses with design courses to prepare students for careers in the applied arts. During the first-year of study students will complete foundation courses in drawing, painting, photography, and the Adobe Creative Suite. Advancing into the second-year, students will refine and direct their portfolios towards future jobs and complete advanced courses in both the visual and digital arts.
Illustration AAS-T degree graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- demonstrate technical proficiency and creative skills as related to visual design, graphic design, and illustration fields
- manage content in a manner suitable for industry
- convey concepts through traditional art methods
- create visual narratives and designs based on customer demands
- develop multiple formats for 2D and 3D applications of designs and illustrations
- integrate analog traditional arts with digital tools
- present ideas, pitches, and portfolios to industry and peers
- curate a presentation portfolio
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, Natural Science, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.