Civil Engineering Technology, AAS-T
Program Admission Dates: Fall, Spring
The Civil Engineering Technology AAS-T degree prepares students for careers with civil engineering firms (e.g., construction, transportation, water resources and wastewater treatment, bridges, etc.). Civil engineering technicians translate the rough sketches, layouts, CAD designs, and written specifications of engineers, architects, and designers into drawings and CAD databases showing the complete details and specifications for the finished project.
Civil Engineering Technology AAS-T degree graduates will:
- be prepared for a range of entry-level positions in the civil engineering field with the ability to be independent and self-directed
- identify the elements and principles of civil engineering graphics design
- complete comprehensive design projects
- demonstrate industry ready skills and basic drafting fundamentals, concepts and techniques
- demonstrate fundamental industry demand skills in: surveying, quantity calculation, data research, collection, and analysis for engineering projects
- exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment, and ethical behavior
- produce a professional resume, cover letter, and industry ready portfolio
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills and processes in the workplace
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.