Program Admission Dates: Fall, Spring
The Civil Design Technology certificate prepares technicians to work directly under the supervision of engineers, architects, or designers producing detailed drawings. Technicians are specialists in translating the rough sketches, layouts, and written specifications of architects, engineers, and designers into a drawing showing the complete details and specifications for the finished project under the close direction of a supervisor.
Civil Design Technology certificate graduates will:
- be prepared for a range of entry level positions in the civil engineering field with limited responsibilities and scope
- identify the elements and principles of civil engineering graphics design
- identify and explain common symbols, materials, scales, and terminology used in the field
- demonstrate familiarity with the many tools and techniques associated with design and its application in the work place
- exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment, and ethical behavior
- produce a professional resume, cover letter, and industry ready portfolio
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.