Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring
The Network Support Technician certificate is designed to prepare technicians to work in a wide variety of computer-related industries and has a strong emphasis on Network+ Certification, Network Administration, and Network Security. Graduates find entry-level jobs as computer field service technicians, software technicians, computer operators, installers, troubleshooters, technical salespersons, help desk support and network technicians.
Student wishing to enter this certificate program need to have completed the IT Support Technician certificate OR have earned an A+ Industry certification OR have instructor approval.
Network Support Technician certificate graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in the IT field
- create and troubleshoot physical networks
- demonstrate proficiency with using current popular network operating systems
- demonstrate proficiency with implementing and troubleshooting network communication protocols
- demonstrate knowledge of data protection and network hardening techniques
- demonstrate a working knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies (eg; VoIP, 4G, Cloud computing)
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.