Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring
Program Mission: The Accounting AAS degree prepares students to gain a solid and extensive background in accounting. Academic Core courses, economics courses, business courses, and computer skills related to accounting such as spreadsheets, computerized accounting software, and tax systems complete the curriculum. Students find jobs in companies ranging from small proprietorships to corporate accounting departments, governmental organizations, and public accounting firms.
Accounting AAS degree graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- apply manual methods and software tools to prepare accounting statements and reports
- complete the accounting cycle, including end-of-period adjustments
- complete federal income tax returns
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.