Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Welding Technology, AAS
Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Program Mission: The Welding Technology AAS degree provides students with skills to weld and fabricate complex projects.
Students receive in-depth knowledge of the nature of metals as it relates to welding, fabricating, and the application of heat. Students also prepare to take the Washington Association of Building Officials (WABO) certification test.
Welding Technology AAS degree graduates will:
- be prepared for a range of entry-level positions as welder apprentices, welders, welder fabricators, welding fitters
- be prepared to succeed on the WABO certification and similar industry exams
- demonstrate proficiency in most major industrial welding and cutting processes common in the construction, manufacturing, maintenance, shipbuilding, and aerospace industries.
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.