Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Engineering Graphics Technician certificate is a one-year program designed to prepare a graphics technician to work directly under the supervision of an engineer or designer producing detailed drawings. Engineering Graphics Technicians are specialists in translating the rough sketches, 3D design models, layouts and written specifications of engineers and designers into a drawing showing the complete details and specifications for the finished product under the close direction of a supervisor.
Engineering Graphics Technician certificate graduates will:
- be prepared for a range of entry level positions in the mechanical engineering field with limited responsibilities and scope
- identify and explain common symbols, materials, scales, and terminology used in the field
- demonstrate familiarity with the many tools and techniques associated with design and its application in the work place
- exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment, and ethical behavior
- produce a professional resume, cover letter, and industry ready portfolio
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.