Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Video and Motion Graphics certificate teaches both the technical and aesthetic skills vital to becoming a productive producer of media. By emphasizing hands-on learning through real-world scenarios, students will gain the skills to do creative work in a wide variety of genres including documentary, narrative, commercial, and corporate video. Through substantial use of industry-standard software titles, graduates will enter the workplace with the competence and confidence necessary for the rapidly evolving digital media landscape.
Video and Motion Graphics certificate graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- produce video in a wide variety of genres including narrative, documentary, and commercial
- properly operate video and sound equipment
- effectively communicate the importance of design and messaging relative to their industry
- animate 2D and 3D motion graphics through keyframing
- demonstrate technical proficiency and creative skills
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.