Catalog 2015-2016 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Auto Collision Repair Technician, AAS
Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Program Mission: The Auto Collision Repair Technician AAS degree prepares students with the skills necessary to compete in the auto collision repair industry and provides an option for specializing in Restoration or Custom Painting.
This program consists of six quarters of collision auto body repair and auto paint training. Students will spend their first quarter of training in a transportation core curriculum. The laboratory area is designed to simulate an actual industry repair environment and includes a state-of-the-art painting booth with the latest in high-tech equipment.
The Auto Collision Repair Technician AAS degree graduates will:
- be prepared for employment in the auto collision repair and paint industry
- demonstrate skill in refinishing, structural repair, non-structural repair, estimating, and shop management
- dismantle collision related components, replace damaged parts, and perform metal straightening, welding, plastic repair, painting, estimating, and detailing of vehicles
- demonstrate advanced collision repair and paint techniques for production purposes
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an adviser or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.