Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Health Sciences AAS-T degree prepares students for various healthcare related training programs with strong knowledge and skills in college-level academics such as math, English, natural sciences, humanities, and social science. Students will be prepared to apply for admission to selective admissions health sciences programs or applied baccalaureate programs. This degree is designed to provide formal educational opportunity to students with professional certificates in health sciences areas or to provide skills to students who have general education credits but no professional training.
Health Sciences AAS-T graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain employment in a specialty within health sciences or transfer to a health sciences baccalaureate program
- work effectively as a member of a healthcare team
- describe how health sciences professions contribute to health care delivery
- advocate on behalf of patients to diverse health care practitioners and patient care teams
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.