Catalog 2020-2021 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Computing and Software Development, AAS
Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
The Computing and Software Development program is designed to prepare individuals to work as entry-level application developers within an organization. Students will acquire the skills to design, code, implement, and maintain programs and database systems that provide computer-based solutions to business problems.
In the final term students collaborate on a project that simulates a real-life team-based applications development environment, or complete an industry based-internship.
Computing and Software Development AAS degree graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in software development
- design, implement, and debug software applications using modern programming languages
- analyze software related problems and design solutions utilizing appropriate software tools
- demonstrate an understanding of software engineering, software testing principles, and quality assurance techniques
- apply data management concepts and use query languages
- use web technologies and scripting languages to create web sites and web applications
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.