Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Program Mission: The Digital Gaming and Interactive Media AAS-T degree is designed to train students for entry-level positions in the game/media field. Graduates will be able to create animated graphics applicable to gaming, marketing, advertising, educational, and interactive media that use 3D animation.
Courses are delivered through face-to-face, online, and hybrid methods allowing students to practice skills necessary in industry. Students will conduct industry research to identify career pathways, learn professional practices including copyright, file management, portfolio development and workplace ethics. Students culminate their learning experience at the end of their studies with a showcase of their portfolio to industry professionals.
Digital Gaming and Interactive Media AAS-T degree graduates will:
- be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- demonstrate technical proficiency and creative skills as related to the digital gaming field
- manage files and content in a manner suitable for industry
- convey characters and concepts through traditional art methods
- compare and evaluate electronic games taxonomy and design theory
- mod game levels in current level editing tools
- create and edit basic scripts in related software
- rig and animate characters and props in current industry tools
- create props, levels, and textures in current 3D tools
- present ideas, pitches, and portfolios to industry and peers
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and information literacy skills
- meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the Class Schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.