Sep 26, 2021
Program Admission Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring
The Human Resources certificate prepares students to meet the growing need for human resources (HR) professionals. This program prepares students to use various software applications and business knowledge in conjunction with entry-level HR content areas to enhance business operations.
Human Resources Certificate of Proficiency graduates will:
- be prepared for entry-level positions in HR and office administration
- carry out office and HR procedures and management using technology
- explain HR’s role in developing human capital and its impact on an organization’s success
- recognize the partnership of managers and HR professionals in business
- explain how HR can impact ethics and inclusion in organizations
- explain successful strategies for developing a diverse talent pool of qualified candidates
- identify the importance, impact, and role of social responsibility and diversity in organizations
- leverage technology in today’s environment to support HR and business activities
- use measurement strategies that link HR practices to achieving bottom-line business results
- explain the impact HR has on talent in an organization
- analyze the implications of employment case laws
- demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation , and technical and information literacy skills
Certified HR professionals may qualify for re-certification hours toward both HRCI & SHRM-CP/SCP recertification credits. Specialized credit is available. Each college credit hour typically equals 10 HRCI & SHRM-CP/SCP recertification hours.
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology is a HR Certification Institute (HRCI®) Approved Provider. As a HRCI® Approved Provider, classes qualify for PHR®/SPHR®/GPHR®/PHR-CA®/SPHR-CA® recertification credits.
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology is a Society for HR Management (SHRM®) Preferred Provider to award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP℠) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP℠).
LWTech has an active SHRM Student Chapter, which is a SHRM Superior Merit Award Winner.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to discuss sequencing and work out their individual schedule with an advisor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.
Recommended Course Sequence
The courses listed below are a suggested sequence; as long as prerequisites are met, courses may be taken in a different order.
General Education Requirements - 15 Credits
Total Program Credits: 78
LWTech is recognized by Society for HR Management (SHRM®) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.