ABED 074 Communication Skills Transportation Applications I
This course is exclusively for students who qualify and enroll in the I-BEST General Service Technician certificate of completion. It addresses industry specific vocabulary and language skills covered in the first term technical courses (AUTO 120 and 124).
Prerequisites: Completion of EASL 030 or placement by assessment (NRS ESL 4 or ABE 2).
Corequisites: AUTO 120 and AUTO 124
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Give and follow oral and written instructions to perform computer functions related to trade applications
- Pronounce correctly and describe tools and pieces of automotive shop equipment
- Explain safety and hazardous material laws
- Use electrical terminology and define the laws and theories of electricity
- Read and interpret industry-specific charts and diagrams
- Use high-frequency vocabulary pertaining to welding and refrigeration techniques in the transportation industry
- Write paragraphs describing the types of systems used on a variety of vehicles
- Employ a variety of complex sentence structures needed to interact with co-workers
Total Hours: 30 Lecture Hours: 30