GAME 266 Character Animation II with Maya
Course builds upon the character and technical animation skills learned in MMDP 150 Character Animation 1. Students will rig a skeleton in Maya, apply and weight that rig to a character mesh, and animate the character in Maya with emphasis on advanced digital and traditional and character animation techniques.
This course develops a mastery of character acting and emotional facial animation in Maya with advanced rigging techniques with the goal of producing a professional quality demo sample reel. Students will learn to animate looping and linking game play animation cycles- walk, run, jump, fall, hit, recoil, gesture, idle, etc.
Prerequisites: GAME 124 and GAME 150
GAME 165 recommended
Quarters Offered: Fall
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create and implement a rig for biped character animation in Maya
- Utilize key frame and procedural animation
- Adjust and edit skin weights
- Create looping cycles of key-framed actions
- Create fluid, dynamic character animation
- Create emotionally expressive facial and body gestures.
- Create lip sync facial animation
- Utilize Motion Capture data
- Produce professional quality animation demo reel
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 40