Apr 19, 2018
WELD 103 Flux Core Arc Welding7 credits
This course focuses on the principles, procedures, and operation of equipment to properly and safely use the flux core arc welding process, including both the dual shield and inner-shield processes.
Prerequisites: WELD 102 .
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Information Literacy.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use technical resources to access information regarding the installation, repair, and maintenance of welding and fabrication equipment
- Use technical resources to access information regarding welding and fabrication processes
- Identify and use common types of shop equipment and hand tools to safely perform welding/fabrication procedures
- Follow industry standard safe practices, including the using and wearing of all safety equipment needed to weld or be in a welding environment
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Use metallurgy principles to properly select material, tools, and equipment, and to perform welding tasks
- Read and follow blueprints
- Use math to make equipment adjustments/calibrations and to complete fabrication projects
- Prepare a work area to do flux core arc welding
- Select and safely set up flux core welding equipment
- Store, transport, and handle all types of flux core welding equipment properly and safely
- Prepare metal for flux core welding procedures using proper joint design, equipment, and joint preparation techniques
- Use proper welding tools and equipment to weld using the flux core welding process
- Use proper welding techniques to weld using the flux core welding process
- Complete a resume, cover letter, job application, and job search as necessary
Total Hours: 120 Lecture Hours: 20 Lab or Clinical Hours: 100