DSGN 290 Portfolio/Job Search
This course covers the elements of portfolio preparation and the job search process for employment in the multimedia field. Best practices for portfolio creation and delivery will be examined, including critical decision-making about which pieces to include based on target audiences or desired careers.
Prerequisites: ART 102 , DSGN 122 , and DSGN 191
Students who completed MMDP 122 and MMDP 191 meet the prerequisite.
Corequisites: DSGN 296
Students should enroll in DSGN 290 in their last quarter of the Design or Digital Gaming and Interactive Media programs.
Quarters Offered: Fall, Winter, Spring
This course teaches to the global outcome of Intercultural Appreciation.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create a variety of quality portfolio projects within their chosen fields of specialty
- Present themselves to a potential employer in a confident, professional manner
- Critically examine prior work to determine how to improve it
- Deliver a portfolio in multiple digital formats
- Identify job opportunities in their chosen area
- Customize resumes and cover letters to specific opportunities or target audiences
- Showcase design skills via portfolio presentation
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 40 Lab or Clinical Hours: 20