CSD 230 Programming For Mobile Devices
This course teaches the principles of mobile application design and development. Students will learn application development for major mobile platform(s). Topics will include user interface design, memory management, user interface building, input methods, data handling, and network techniques.
Prerequisites: CS 143 or CSD 228
Students who completed CS 143 or ITAD 228 meet with prerequisite.
Quarters Offered: Winter
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Develop applications for deployment on mobile devices
- Describe the major differences in requirements for mobile applications vs. desktop applications
- Design user interfaces for touch oriented input model
- Identify and use appropriate development tools to implement and debug mobile applications
- Use Software Development Kits (SDK) for mobile applications
- Describe security and performance requirements for mobile applications
- Control hardware features of a device
Total Hours: 60 Lecture Hours: 40 Lab or Clinical Hours: 20