ENGL& 102 English Composition II
Students learn to write fully documented research papers using critical thinking and reading skills. The class will emphasize logical argumentation from evidence and research skills necessary to collect relevant information. Students will write a minimum of 5000 words of finished composition during the quarter.
Prerequisites: ENGL& 101 .
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Communication.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Consistently demonstrate strong critical thinking skills in both reading and writing
- Write college level compositions to suit audience and purpose
- Apply the strategies of effective argument
- Employ a range of research and library skills to locate and evaluate information
- Write effective research documents that synthesize and cite sources using accepted documentation styles
Total Hours: 50 Lecture Hours: 50