BUS& 101 Introduction to Business
The course covers the survey of American business, business and economic terminology, forms of business ownership, franchising, small and international business, management and marketing concepts, and business environment.
Prerequisites: MATH 087 , ENGL 099 or equivalent placement scores.
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Information Literacy.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Intercultural Appreciation.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate business in the American free market system
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental concepts in marketing, finance and human relations
- Apply the fundamentals of business management and determine proper ethical behavior
- Discuss how demographic shifts within the US affect may affect business culture and operations
- Describe the changes in etiquette and culture necessary for businesses to expand and succeed internationally
- Demonstrate the daily business conduct expected in various business situations
Total Hours: 50 Lecture Hours: 50