MMDP 273 Digital Gaming Workshop - 3D Portrait Modeling
Workshop introduces students to 3D facial modeling using Blender software. Class teaches fundamental industry-standard modeling skills to create a realistic 3D portrait that students may transform into a personalized fantasy portrait bust model.
The project will result in a final digital file format that can be rendered and 3D printed by the student. Blender is a free 3D modeling program that the student can continue to use after the workshop.
This course covers Facial Concept, Design and Development, Modeling, 3D Materials & Textures, UV Mapping, Digital Painting Texture. Previous game design and creation, traditional art and digital graphics programs and coding experience are a plus.
This course is exempt from the underage enrollment process.
Prerequisites: Passion for gaming, familiarity with different gameplay genres, strong computer software skills. Instructor permission required.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create original character concepts and designs
- Create professional-quality 3D models
- Develop digital painting skills
- Create textures in Adobe Photoshop
- Create UV texture maps and apply co-ordinates to 3D character
- Apply digital lighting principles to 3D Model
- Output files to create physical models with 3D printers