Nov 16, 2018
WELD 203 Layout and Fabrication Techniques
This course focuses on the principles, procedures, and operation of equipment to properly and safely use layout and fabrication techniques.
Prerequisites: WELD 103 , WELD 104 , WELD 105 , WELD 106 , WELD 201 .
Quarters Offered: All
This course teaches to the global outcome of Communication.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Intercultural Appreciation.
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use technical resources to access information regarding the installation, repair, and maintenance of welding and fabrication equipment
- Use technical resources to access information regarding welding and fabrication processes
- Identify and use common types of shop equipment and hand tools to safely perform welding/fabrication procedures
- Follow industry standard safe practices, including the using and wearing of all safety equipment needed to weld or be in a welding environment
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Use metallurgy principles to properly select material, tools, and equipment, and to perform welding tasks
- Read and follow blueprints
- Use math to make equipment adjustments/calibrations and to complete fabrication projects
- Prepare a work area to do layout and fabrication
- Select and safely set up layout and fabrication projects
- Store, transport, and handle all types of layout and fabrication equipment properly and safely
- Prepare metal for layout and fabrication projects
- Use proper welding tools and equipment to complete layout and fabrication projects
- Communicate with colleagues to determine steps to complete a fabrication project
- Assess and appropriately react to diverse needs of colleagues to complete a fabrication project
- Complete a resume, cover letter, job application, and job search as necessary