MMDP 138 Introduction to Environmental Art
This course introduces students to the basics of creating 3D Environmental Art within Maya. Students will create props and environments suitable for a game environment. Best practices for creating 3D models and related textures will be used to create a final 3D scene suitable for the student’s portfolio.
Prerequisites: MMDP 124 .
Quarters Offered: Winter, Spring
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Design props and textures for a game level
- Edit basic level textures and lighting
- Use “lipsticking” techniques and layered shaders to create blended textures
- Model props for levels using Maya
- Create tileable textures
- Create fog and related special effects for level
- Expand upon ideas received by creating 3D environments from written descriptions