MMDP 130 Concept Art - Characters
This course covers the elements of traditional concept art creation as it applies to the video game industry. Best practices for traditional and electronic character creation for portfolio usage will be examined. Photoshop will also be used to help express these characters. ART 205 recommended.
Prerequisites: ART 121 , MMDP 122 .
Quarters Offered: Winter
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Draw characters in action poses
- Draw characters from written descriptions
- Draw characters in “turnaround” poses
- Describe how Photoshop is used in the game industry to render concept art
- Recognize the importance of openness in interactions when critiquing
- Present characters and defend technical and artistic choices