Feb 20, 2019
ELEC 217 Data Acquisition & Analysis5 credits
Course exposes students to data acquisition principles involving monitoring and/or controlling signals with a computer in a scientific, testing, or manufacturing environment. Students gain experience in real-world data acquisition applications.
Prerequisites: ELEC 114 , ELEC 137 .
Quarters Offered: Spring, Summer
This course teaches to the global outcome of Teamwork.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental principles of Data Acquisition
- Implement electronic instrumentation and basic measurement
- Define process measurement and control
- Demonstrate applications using real world sensors and input signal conditioning
- Utilize interfacing techniques to the PC
- Create programs to successfully integrate Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- Cite and demonstrate proper techniques for displaying and analyzing data
- Perform basic statistical analysis on data and arrive at correct conclusions based on data
- Demonstrate proficiency in safety, lab techniques, troubleshooting within a team environment
- Give and accept direction and constructive feedback from peers