Oct 19, 2018
DHYG 122 Dental Hygiene Practice II7 credits
This lecture and lab course is a continuation of Dental Hygiene Practice I. The concepts of teaching, learning, and problem solving are integrated into clinical practice.
Prerequisites: DHYG 111 DHYG 112 , DHYG 113 , DHYG 114 , DHYG 115 , DHYG 116 , DHYG 118 , DHYG 119 .
Corequisites: DHYG 121 , DHYG 123 , DHYG 124 , DHYG 127 , DHYG 137 , DHYG 139 .
Quarters Offered: Winter
This course teaches to the global outcome of Critical Thinking.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to (with significant guidance):
- Describe concepts and perform procedures related to aspects of preparation, assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation, and practice management in the dental hygiene profession
- Apply the problem-solving process to complete the dental hygiene diagnosis form
- Apply basic principles of learning and teaching when providing dental hygiene care to clients
- Communicate effectively with patients and colleagues in a dental clinic
- Gather pertinent information needed to determine appropriate dental hygiene treatment
- Collaborate effectively with the dental team when providing dental hygiene care
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for their own actions
- Apply basic knowledge, values, and skills related to self-evaluation to the practice of dental hygiene
- Demonstrate professional behavior when providing dental hygiene care
- Integrate basic behavioral, biological, dental sciences, and professional courses with clinical knowledge, skills, and values into the practice of dental hygiene